Telephone 01608 642547
for all enquiries, appointments and to reach the emergency out of hours services.
Emergency No. 01608 642547
Despite the Government easing Covid restrictions as of Monday 19th July, case numbers are high and increasing and will further increase after relaxation of restrictions, track-and-trace will still operate, and self-isolation requirements continue. If we have an outbreak among our staff, any illness and self-isolation will compromise our ability to provide the service we do. In addition, although wearing a mask will no longer be compulsory, Government advice is that wearing a mask is 'expected' around other people in confined or crowded areas.
Therefore, we will not be relaxing our Covid-19 precautions as of Monday 19th July:
• Clients can be seen either in the car park or in the waiting room. When you arrive, please either call us on 01608 642547 or come to reception to let us know you are there.
• If you enter the building, please wear a mask, and please minimise the number of people who come in with you.
• If you are self-isolating or ill with coronavirus symptoms and your animal needs urgent care, if possible, please arrange for a friend or family member to bring your pet to us. Otherwise, please call us to discuss the situation.
• If you need pet food or medications, including routine flea and worm treatments, please call ahead to arrange pick-up.
Chipping Norton Veterinary Hospital treats an unusually wide range of animals. The Hospital staff have extensive experience in treating dogs, cats, rabbits, all species of smaller domestic pets, game birds, backyard poultry, falconry birds, and a wide range of exotic species including reptiles, parrots and zoo animals.
Our staff have clinical experience in all areas of veterinary practice and have special interests in zoo animals and exotic pets, internal medicine, emergency and critical care, orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, ophthalmology, dermatology, dentistry and radiography and ultrasound imaging for all domestic species. In addition, a specialist veterinary ophthalmologist, a specialist orthopaedic surgeon and an expert dermatologist visit regularly.
We are a tier III veterinary hospital, the highest standard under the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons' Practice Standards Scheme.
We operate referral services for:
• CT scanning
• Radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroid cats
• Rabbits and 'small furries'
• Backyard poultry
• All treatment of all species of exotic pets including small mammals, birds and reptiles.
We run a luxury boarding cattery, awarded five stars by West Oxfordshire District Council inspectors.