Telephone 01608 642547
for all enquiries, appointments and to reach the emergency out of hours services.
Emergency No. 01608 642547
Our social distancing and Covid-19 biosecurity precautions require the following:
• If you bring your animal to the practice, please minimise the number of people who come with you, and please either wait in the car park and call us (01608 642547) to tell us you are there, or come to the front door to tell us you have arrived.
• If you are self-isolating or ill with coronavirus symptoms and your animal needs urgent care, if possible, please arrange for a friend or family member to bring your pet to us. Otherwise, please call us to discuss the situation.
• If you need pet food or medications, including routine flea and worm treatments, please call ahead to arrange pick-up.
Chipping Norton Veterinary Hospital treats an unusually wide range of animals. The Hospital staff have extensive experience in treating dogs, cats, rabbits, all species of smaller domestic pets, game birds, backyard poultry, falconry birds, and a wide range of exotic species including reptiles, parrots and zoo animals.
Our staff have clinical experience in all areas of veterinary practice and have special interests in zoo animals and exotic pets, internal medicine, emergency and critical care, orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, ophthalmology, dermatology, dentistry and radiography and ultrasound imaging for all domestic species. In addition, a specialist veterinary ophthalmologist, a specialist orthopaedic surgeon and an expert dermatologist visit regularly.
We are a tier III veterinary hospital, the highest standard under the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons' Practice Standards Scheme.
We operate referral services for:
• CT scanning
• Radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroid cats
• Rabbits and 'small furries'
• Backyard poultry
• All treatment of all species of exotic pets including small mammals, birds and reptiles.
We run a luxury boarding cattery, awarded five stars by West Oxfordshire District Council inspectors.