Aquatic Veterinary Services
Fish can suffer from a wide range of diseases and husbandry complications, yet many veterinary practices are not comfortable dealing with fish. At Chipping Norton Veterinary Hospital, we are happy to treat fish and are able to travel for pond-side consults.
• Telephone, e-mail or in-clinic consults
• Pond-side consults – including gill and skin scrapings, water quality testing, and any other diagnostics and treatments required.
• At our hospital we provide services for x-rays, ultrasound, blood collection, post mortems, and surgical procedures.
• We treat all pond, freshwater or salt-water aquarium fish.
• We also treat other aquatic / marine species including corals, and amphibians such as axolotls and frogs.
Nathalie Wissink-Argilaga CertAVP(ZM), DZM(Reptilian), MRCVS, an RCVS-recognised Specialist in Zoo Animal and Wildlife Medicine, and Martin Whitehead, BSc, PhD, BVSc, CertSAM, MRCVS, have years of experience treating pet and zoo fish among a wide range of other species.
Ornamental & pet fish
When bringing ornamental or pet fish for a consult, we advise that all clients bring their fish in their own tank water, for example in a bucket or polythene bag. If you cannot use your own tank water during transport, please bring a sample of the tank water separately. Video footage and photographs can be useful for assessing fish behaviour in their own tanks, and the tank set-up.
Alternatively, we can do home visits within an hour of Chipping Norton – contact us for visit fees.